What could be better than getting together to build the foundation of a brand new forever
Hi, I'm Whitney!
First of all, thank you so much for stopping by. It's an honor to have you here! Quick question, can a passion be a best friend? I sure hope so, because my camera and I have been kickin' it since I was eleven years old. I'm positive that we will be ride or die buddies until the end. :) When I'm not taking photos, you can find me editing those photos, playing with my pup, getting my cardio in at Target, annoying my husband (so weird to say that!!!) and cooking the healthiest comfort food possible.
My overall goal for every photo I take is capturing genuine moments. I'm always thinking down the road, and I want these photos to take you right back to the good ol' days.
I'm very passionate about having fun! Life is just too short not to be working at having a good day! (Disclaimer: A good day can go from enjoying coffee peacefully by myself to getting down with my awkward self on the dance floor!) I bring this with me while working with my clients. I will work just as hard to make sure you have a good day and pictures to remember it!
Where it all began
Once upon a time, a young chipper Whitney pulled out her feather and ink and wrote to Santa. I asked for many things, but made sure to put lots of hearts and stars by the number one item I most desired, a camera. There was no “ah-ha!” moment when I started taking photos, I was too busy daydreaming about what dress to would wear when Zach and I from Hanson exchanged vows. As I grew older, my love interests always changing (Justin, Paul, Channing, etc.), but that camera continued to stay near. In an attempt to occupy time until my love interest found me, I started dragging anything that agreed to stay still (or kind of still, dogs never listen) while trying to figure out the camera that seemed to stalk me.
As I entered High School terrified that I would forget my locker combination, I signed up for the only photography related class available, Yearbook. This led to Yearbook camp and as my social status with my classmates lowered, my interest in photography grew. It was a fellow yearbook camper who displayed a photo he took that blew my creative mind, and THAT'S when it all started. Thank you, Yearbook camp.
Since that life-changing Yearbook camp day, I have taken it upon myself to just love photography. Simple as that, Whitney + Camera= All is right in Whitney World. And to put the icing on the cake, to take pictures of people that are on cloud nine. I can’t imagine life without a camera, doesn’t mean I’m some special person. It means that it makes me happy and I like being happy.
I would classify my work as a happy/photojournalist/lifestyle/moment grabber with a skosh of creativity. I can help you laugh when you catch “camera shock”, but I like to make the moments more natural than staged. Love speaks for itself, there’s no need to force anything.
(Photos of Whitney taken by Effjay Photography)
- Family is so important to me. I come from a large family, I love them all so much, it hurts.
- Animals rank rightttt below family on my important list. All animals are freaking cute in my book. Especially, my pup Emmy!
- Food is always high on the priority list. I'm always thinking about my next meal.
- I played college softball for three years... at three different schools. Long story! But, I am a big fan of teamwork.
- Introvert: 56% Extrovert: 44%
- I love wine.. I hate my vampire teeth while drinking red wine.
- I was lucky enough to have my great grandparents in my life for 30 years. They never stopped holding hands. They were married for 76 years before my grandma passed. My grandpa joined her on valentines two years later. I miss them SO much.
- My grandpa was a photographer!! I'm lucky to have a lot of his cameras. I also miss him and my grandma SO much. I have one of their wedding photos hanging in my office. It's how I'll always remember them.
- I'm a good mix of goofy and serious. I'm always wanting to be better but have a good time while doing it.
- Father speeches at weddings make my cry, EVERY TIME!!!
- I'm left handed. Really my right side of my body is useless unless its batting.