Be bold or italic, never regular.
Once upon a time, a young chipper Whitney pulled out her feather and ink and wrote to Santa. She asked for many things, but she made sure to put lots of hearts and stars by the number one item she most desired, a camera. There was no “ah-ha!” moment when she started taking photos, she was too busy daydreaming about what dress she would wear when her and Zach from Hanson exchanged vows. As Whitney grew older, her love interests always changing (Justin, Paul, Channing, etc.), but that camera continued to stay near. She started dragging anything that agreed to stay still (or kind of still, dogs never listen) while she figured out the camera that seemed to stalk her.
As she entered High School terrified that she would forget her locker combination, she signed up for the only photography related class available, Yearbook. This led her to Yearbook camp and as her social status with her classmates lowered, her interest in photography grew. It was a fellow yearbook camper who displayed a photo he took that blew her creative mind, and THAT'S when it all started. Thank you, Yearbook camp.
Since that life-changing Yearbook camp day, Whitney has taken it upon herself to just love photography. Simple as that, Whitney + Camera= All is right in Whitney World. And to put the icing on the cake, to take pictures of people that are on cloud nine. Whitney (I) can’t imagine life without a camera, doesn’t mean I’m some special person. It means that it makes me happy and I like being happy.
I would classify my work as a happy/photojournalist/lifestyle/moment grabber with a skosh of creativity. I can help you laugh when you catch “camera shock”, but I like to make the moments more natural than staged. Love speaks for itself, there’s no need to force anything.
(Photos of Whitney taken by Hey Tay Photography)
- I played softball in college for three years at three different schools.
- I have a cavapoo named Emmy. I'm obsessed!!!
- I'm got married in January to my BFF, Ryan. Best day of my life!
- My grandpa was a photographer! It's an honor to have many of his cameras.
- Finding new music (especially remixes) is my favorite thing to do. Music is so inspiring!
- I LOVE decorating. There's a little picture of my office above.
- I'm most definitely always thinking about my next meal.
- I was lucky enough to have my great grandparents in my life for 30 years. They were married for 76 years before my grandma passed. <3 My grandpa joined her on valentines two years later.
- I'm a good mix of goofy and serious. I'm always wanting to be better but have a good time while doing it.
- I've definitely cried at weddings. I'm very thankful for my large camera to hide behind.
- I'm left handed. Really my right side of my body is useless unless its batting.
- I am the oldest of three. I have two sisters who are two of the most beautiful people I know. I am so lucky that they're forced to hang with me.